Friday, September 13, 2013

Introduction

Hi everyone! My name is Nikki Jo, but most people call me JoJo for short. Last year was my final season playing college basketball. I transferred to NYIT from St. Johns University. I’m currently working two different jobs in Rome, NY. I work part time at a grocery store called Aldi’s and tend bar at a restaurant called “Legends” at night. I’m also working with the LeMoyne Women’s basketball team this season as well. I would love to be a D1 women’s basketball coach someday. I had to post a joke in my other introduction for my other class and thought it was a good idea so I am posting it here as well: “A kindergarten teacher handed out a coloring page to her class. On it was a picture of a duck holding an umbrella. The teacher told her class to color the duck in yellow and the umbrella green, however, Bobby, the class rebel, colored the duck in a bright fire truck red. After seeing this, the teacher asked him: "Bobby, how many times have you see a red duck?" Young Bobby replied with "The same number of times I've seen a duck holding an umbrella." It’s a fun witty joke. I am currently not a teacher yet, and unsure of what grade I would like to teach. I think after I do my student teaching I will hopefully have a better idea what grade I would like to teach. This is my third semester in the Childhood Education program here at NYIT. I don’t know too much about teaching new literacies. My main concern about this course is keeping up with the workload and working two jobs at the same time.
 

3 comments: